Wednesday 21 September 2011

Tasty Treats!

I really REALLY enjoy cooking and eating tasty food. I love being able to share food with my family and friends and today I'm going to share a brilliantly easy recipe for tasty pastry scrolls. These make a great appetiser and are really handy finger food. I mean, who doesn't like beautiful pastry filled with cheese and sauce...

What you will need:
1 Sheet thawed puff pastry (I used Borgs brand)
1 cup pizza sauce or tomato paste
2 cups Tasty Cheese (grated)
1 1/2 cups ham cut into strips

How to make it:
1. Take your thawed puff pastry and place it on a clean bench
2. Spread pizza sauce or tomato over the pastry leaving a 2cm gap around the edges
3. Sprinkle cheese and ham over the sauce or paste
4. Roll up pastry
5. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in fridge until required
6. Pre-heat oven to 210 degrees C
7. Take chilled roll out and cut into small pieces, about 3cm thick
8. Place these on a greased baking tray and bake for around 15-20 minutes.
Keep an eye on them, you will know they are done when the pastry puffs up and goes golden!

Ok, so they aren't so pretty to photograph, but trust me... YUM!

You can really interchange any recipes for the fillings.
Great filling ideas include:
Pesto and cheese
Mushrooms, sundried tomato and grilled eggplant
Turkey, cranberry and spinach
Or even try a sweet one with jam or Nutella...

And if you are like me and are a wee bit over zealous with the whole preparation thing and make a ton they can be frozen for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment