Saturday 19 November 2011

Friday night fun / Brazil Film Festival Opening

Last night after work Mr Haphazard and I trecked down to the East End to attend the opening night of the Brazil Film Festival. Can I just say, a great night out!

Amazing canapes, of a brazillian nature, were served. Pasteles featured, which are kind of like pasties, but filled with shredded chicken or beef and very cheesy and deep fried. I am definitely going to attempt to find a decent recipe and whip some up at home.
Also, I discovered a new drink. Caipirinha. And how lovely it is!


Mmmmm.Tasty.

How to do it:

Basically, you take one part cachaça , some sugar and a heap of limes (cut up into small chunks) and mix it up in a short tumbler with some crushed ice.
Perfect for these warm nights we have been having lately.

But, enough of the food and drink....

The film which was shown for opening night was Trap.com. Absolutely HILARIOUS! I was pretty much in hysterics the entire time. I definitely recommend checking it out. You will laugh and maybe even drop a tear at the end. It is a very sweet, farsical film with a heart of gold.

If you are free over this weekend, and in Adelaide, I highly reccomend catching a Brazillian film or two. All details via



Tonight, we are heading to the Valley to see old friends and spend a little time with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment